Followers

Sunday 4 February 2018

Inky and Messy at CCM

Hello Everyone,
I'm sorry that this is rather late, 2018 is not going too well for me.
I got sent home from work last Monday feeling absolutely ghastly and have spent most of the rest of the week in bed.
I thought that I was feeling a little better on Wednesday, and then spent 3 hours laying down after I had been in the shower!!
We have an Inky / Messy challenge running at CCM  for another week.
I really love inky and messy. Making backgrounds has always been a particular passion of mine, and so the new Oxide inks were a must have for me. In fact I am waiting in eager anticipation for my parcel to arrive with the new colours.
The background to this card (and the other two) is made using the Mop-up technique and Oxide inks.
I hate to waste all the lovely ink left on the mat after I have done some sponging on a project.
A spritz of water and a smoosh of card and you have instant background papers, and every one different.
I added a little extra stamping in the background to all of the panels.
The first two cards used white embossing powder on the focal stamped image.
This third card uses the same image (Woodware stamp designed by Jane Gill) just stamped and embossed in black instead.
I'm back to work tomorrow so I had better get to bed.
It's going to be hard to get back into the swing of things after a week off, and without the benefit of being able to lie down whenever the need arises.
Oh well, I'm sure I will be fine.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. These are super inky cards and I should know Lol! Love them all Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are all lovely! As you say, all the backgrounds are different, but similar enough you could definitely use them together on something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx