Followers

Monday 12 June 2017

Christmas comes early.

I know that Christmas seems to get earlier each year, but seriously.........May?
Of course there was  a very special reason for it's rather early arrival in my house, sample making for the new release of Woodware stamps due very soon.

Of course I can't share them with you yet, so here are some that I made a while ago using stuff from my Christmas 'bits box'.
I remember doing a demo for Janice and Andy at SirStampalot, many years ago, using a Speedball Brayer, Kaleidacolor ink pad and Magenta Christmas stamp set.
I adore demoing at shows, but you always seem to end up with hundreds of pieces all very similar.
I never like to throw anything away, so these have lain unused in my Christmas Bits Box for quite a while.
Some of the pieces of background have been spritzed with water and then covered with screwed up cling film to achieve this wonderful 'frosted' look.
Others were spritzed with thin bleach to give a wonderful mottled effect.
I managed to find some co-ordinating card stock to mount the trimmed panels onto and added some background stamps and sentiments along with a bit of Glossy Accents.
I spent a very successful weekend finishing off more Christmas cards, so I will have plenty more cards to share with you soon.
Enjoy your evening.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. The arty cards are so beautiful. Love the inky backgrounds and these beautiful stamps to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, loving these. I really must try not to leave it so late this year but June Lol! Look forward to seeing the new stamps. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx