Followers

Wednesday 5 April 2017

A Host of Golden Daffodils

Afternoon,
What a beautiful Spring day it has turned into. It seems that just at the moment we are getting one glorious day followed by one that is overcast and threatening rain.
It was the same last week when I walked Emma to Caterham in brilliant sunshine, she even had her sunglasses on and looked very cute, and the next day we needed our wellie boots.
Hey ho it is still early I suppose, so anything could happen on the weather front.
I think one of the best things about this time of year are all the beautiful daffodils which show that Spring really is here.
Jenny at Hobby Art took a beautiful Daffodil stamp set on to Hochanda recently CS162D Daffs and Bells.
I stamped and embossed the daffodils onto white card stock and then coloured them with Decorating Chalks and a cotton wool ball.

After fussy cutting them out I mounted them on to my card using silicon glue.
The central panel on the card has been stamped and embossed using one of the verses from CS156D Seasons.
I used one of my many shaped dies to cut out the sentiment, adding a little colour with the die still in place, before layering it on to the card
over a similarly shaped and dry embossed panel.
I own several much older daffodil stamps also by Hobby Art.
 In fact these cards were made for a magazine article many years ago.
There was a bit of masking involved in this card, and I have to admit that the sentiment may be by a different stamp company although after all this time I honestly can't remember.
I hope that we don't continue with the one day nice, one day horrid pattern tomorrow as I am off to see my Mum. I have to admit that it usually seems to rain when I visit her, especially when I have to walk from the station, so I will remember to take my rain coat with me.
Have a good evening, and enjoy the sunshine.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. All wonderful card, Kim. They sure make me realize it is Spring. hard to imagine here as it does nothing but rain lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx