Followers

Thursday 17 November 2016

Bargello ideas using Stripy Papers

Morning Everyone,
More cards to share today from a class that I taught recently.
I am always up for suggestions from the Girls as to what they would like to do.

Bargello was requested by my friend Gill, but I know that one of the things that puts people off this particular technique is cutting up all those strips of card.
And that is where Pinterest and YouTube are so brilliant because they showed me ideas for using up sheets of already stripy paper.
 There was even a way to use diagonal stripes to create chevrons.
As you can see I managed to make several cards out of the background created from just one 12x12 piece of diagonally striped paper.
I even stamped and embossed directly onto the Bargello background as in this little card.
And then used up the left over piece by covering up the hole with a stamped and embossed image.
 All of the cards make use of some of the numerous Penny Black Stickeroos
and LOTV toppers that I own.
And sometimes it is just enough to use the Bargello panel all on its own. I guess I could always add a diecut sentiment, or even a large peel-off.
I hope that these give you some ideas for all those little strips of background paper that are just too good to throw away (yes I have a box of them ) or the striped papers that you are not sure what to do with. I have plenty of those too lol.
Have a great day.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx