Followers

Saturday 16 July 2016

Carried away with Paper Piecing

Hi All
I had a very nice couple of days in Peterboro at the end of last week.
I went up there so that I could attend the Doncaster show with a couple of 'Crafty' Buddies, but it also meant that I got to spend the day at SirStampalot with Janice and Andy.
Now I couldn't possibly spend the day in a craft shop without shopping, or doing a little bit of crafting. So having raided Janice's workshop I got down to a nice bit of paper piecing.
(The cards on the left were samples that I left for Janice from my previous trip in March)
I always take a couple of extra days off after a trip to Sirstampalot so that I can catch up on some sleep as well as some crafting, so I managed to put my paper pieced panels to good use and finished off six cards.
All this creative activity has also meant that I am actually way ahead of myself with a couple of cards.
I wonder if I will still manage to send them out late?
Will I remember that I have that special card already made come November? I jolly well hope so lol.
Of course that is the beauty of Paper Piecing, particularly with word stamps where the colours don't matter.
If you cut things out carefully then you end up with several finished panels, or is that I am just too mean to throw anything away?
In fact there was actually seven finished cards cause I used up the piece of scrap card with the first generation stamping on it from creating the background on some of the panels.
How sad am I lol.
I hope that you are having a great weekend full of crafting.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. fabby cards Kim, it's so lovely to see how you finished them all off - i'm so impressed :)
    until next time - janicex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx